SUNFLOWERS

SUNFLOWERS ~ Up until this point, all of my painting had been done in the studio under the close and protective supervision of my instructor, Denise Landi. Though I had only been painting for four months, Labor Day weekend, I decided to challenge myself. I took my canvas and my paints onto our front porch (during residual hurricane leftovers) and began this painting. It is done from a photograph that I took a month earlier. When I brought the painting into the studio for Denise to inspect, she was thrilled with my work. I couldn't believe I did it! ........16" x 20" acrylic on canvas ~ SOLD...to a person who I thought, at the time, was a true, sincere friend. I learned later that this was as far from the truth as possible. I hope that one day I can recover this painting as the only reason I let it go was because of the friendship.

<< Home